- All those candidates who have passed the 10+2 examination from a board recognized or established by central/state government through legislation with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following subjects:
Computer Science and
Those candidates who have passed diploma in any Engineering Trade from Punjab State Board of Technical Education & Industrial Training, Chandigarh or Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET), or any such examination from any other recognized State Board of Technical Education.
The candidates who have passed two years certificate course from Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal (SLIET) shall be eligible.
- For admission to Engineering 85% seats shall be open for the candidates from within the State and 15% shall be open for the candidates from outside the State.
- Admission shall be made on the basis of rank of JEE (Main) conducted by CBSE, New Delhi for both 85% quota for residents of Punjab and 15% quota for outside Punjab. The candidates seeking admission will be required to appear in online counseling by PTU. The procedure for online counseling shall be decided by the PTU.
- The Government of Punjab has approved 33-1/3 percent (one third) of total seats as management quota vide Notification No. 13/129/2003-1TE2/ 1247 dated 25.04.2008 in all the Private Unaided Colleges / Institutions.
- Management quota seats will be filled in accordance with the following order of preference:
Merit in JEE Test
Marks secured in the qualifying examination.
- The admission under Management Quota will be initiated after the completion of centralized online counseling, been conducted by Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar.